Notes about this committee/group
- Director of Operations (Convener)
- Chief Technician
- Senior Technicians (4)
- Senior Secretary
The Committee will report to, and receive policy direction from, the School Management Group.
The Committee will oversee the governance of the technical and secretarial establishment of the School and manage the allocation and distribution of technical and secretarial resources. The committee will also consider issues relating to career development, welfare and discipline, where appropriate.
The broad purpose of this committee:-
- To continuously review the provision of technical and secretarial services to maximize their effectiveness in providing support for research and teaching.
- To monitor the value of the services
- To monitor the accounts of ‘zero cost’ centres
- To act as a conduit for the IT committee to the Management Group
- To analyse the patterns of services support to research, teaching and administration and develop a strategy
- To consider and adjust the distribution of technical support and distribution of resources
- To facilitate the provision of services supporting new research developments
- To recommend priorities to management group
- To communicate with other appropriate committees; animal house, research, teaching, health and safety
- Oversee technical staff support and development (promotions, welfare, discipline, etc.)
- Consideration of secretarial support and distribution of resources
- Oversee secretarial staff support and development (promotions, welfare, discipline, etc.)
- Other tasks allocated to it by the School management Group.